Monday, March 25, 2013

Media Fast

I think the Lord has been trying to talk to me lately - to get a message through... and I think this is the message he's been trying to send:

Turn off the computer/phone/Kindle and be in your life.

Yesterday in church, our bishop read a letter from our stake presidency asking our stake to have a "media fast" the week before General Conference. And then, today, I ran across THIS post. Yup - he's been trying to get through to me. I am actually looking forward to the media fast. I think it will be harder than I anticipate. I hope to help the kids fulfill this as well & get creative & have more fun & get more done, though I admit that I am a bit worried about nap/quiet time when the girls usually watch a movie while I try to get a little nap in after being up multiple times in the night with the baby or one of the girls.

And, yes, the irony is not lost on me that at this very moment I am using a computer to type this blog post. But I wanted to document this & also let people know that if they want to reach me next week the best way will be to call :)

The fast starts this Sunday & goes till conference. Wish me luck!! :-)

No comments: