Friday, December 7, 2012

Post-Op

Pre-Op Smiles :)
 He's done!! My baby is out of surgery & everything went well. Honestly, I know everything happens according to God's will AND I also know that all your prayers and fasting & love have made such a difference. THANK YOU. 
Link's surgeon, Dr. Adzick, met with us post-op & told us everything went really well. He said the lesion was large & mushroom-shaped & on the underside of his pancreas. He had approximately a 50% pancreatectomy, but Dr. Adzick said he should have enough pancreas left that he shouldn't be diabetic later. SUCH a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pre-Op
My Boys
We are back in the NICU with him now. He's still pretty out of it, but is moving around & really looks great.
As far as recovery time, it's really up to Link. They won't really tell us how long it will take because he has to have his bowels start working, his blood sugars need to be stable (between 80 & 180), and he needs to be eating well before they'll let him go home. Could be a week - could be 6 weeks or more... we're praying for a fast recovery.

Post-Op
Incision site looks good. 
Still a bit out of it

9 comments:

Patricia Potts said...

I am so thankful it is over. this is a beautiful blog Heidi. we love you think love Grandma and Grandpa

Trish-the ad-match Queen said...

Oh Heidi, this makes me so happy that that's at least over with. You guys have been through SO much! Hoping and PRAYING for a fast recovery!!! Can't wait to hold him and cuddle him!

Tiff Meister said...

Heidi, thank you so much for keeping us posted. We will pray for the fastest recovery on earth. He is sooooo precious! I can't wait to hold him.

Lena Baron said...

You've been in my thoughts and prayers!! I'm so glad the surgery went well!! So Glad! I hope for the QUICK recovery timeframe!! Praying for you!

Unknown said...

Love and lots of it!! /Lotta

Diane said...

Awesome! We love you and we will keep on praying!

Chelsea said...

Yay!! So glad it went well. I seriously want to pinch his cheeks. He has the cutest little face. We will keep praying for a fast recovery.

Anna said...

I'm so glad his surgery was a success! You're in our prayers. He is so adorable!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Okay that first picture of you with both of you looking at each other.. melts my heart. So happy that the surgery went well and praying you will get to be home together as a family soon!!