Monday, July 14, 2008

Some Random Info

Ok - so I got some e-mails and seen some quesions on people's blogs that I thought would be fun to answer on my blog. I've kind of mixed & matched, so it's kind of random. I'm not "tagging" anyone, but I'd love to see the answers that anyone else has to these same questions!

WHAT WERE YOU DOING 10 YEARS AGO?
It was the summer before my Sophomore year at Snow College. I was dating a lot that summer - for the most part having a great time - it was a little over a month before I met my future husband and sweetheart at Snow. I was working for the Forest Service and had just gone on my first wildfire. It was quite an eye-opening experience for me to be on a
fire with so many "non-lds" people. Here's an exerpt from my journal: July 6, 1998: "Well, it's day #3 on this fire & it's lookin' like it's our last day here. Wow - I have learned a lot! I have gained a lot of experience & gotten a feel for what a fires is like so I am better prepared for next time. Saturday...it was raining really hard so we built a fire & before too long there was some of the dirtiest, most profane, vulgar jokes & language that I've ever heard. I was seriously sick from all the crap that I had heard. My soul was as dirty as my outside clothes & dirty skin. I just felt like someone had poured tar into my soul..."
That was one of my only fires. It was good money and I did meet some nice people, but being one of the only girls out there, the guys tended to be pretty harsh.

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BE IN 10 YEARS?
In a small mountain town in Utah with a simple house, lots of land and a few toys. My youngest should be about 6 by then, so hopefully all the kids will be off to school and maybe I'll work from home a bit, but generally living the simple, debt-free, small-town life.

1. What time did you get up this morning? we were up till 1am talking, then 7:30am

2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Indiana Jones

3. What are your favorite TV shows? So You Think you Can Dance, Supernanny

4. What food do you dislike ? Basically all fish except tuna, avacados, bannanas

5. What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Avalon

6. What characteristics do you most want to have? Humility, love

7. What was your most recent memorable birthday? This year Jason took the day off - took me to the movies, surprised me at night with a BBQ. Love you babe!

8. Morning person or a night person? I used to be a morning person, but since we've been married, it's changed to more of a night person because that's what my hubby is.

9. Pets? 2 dogs - Siberian Husky & Austrailian Shepherd. The girls LOVE them.

10. What is your favorite flower? forget-me-nots

11. What are you listening to right now? My "inspirational" playlist and McKinley talking about drawing her picture.

12. What was the last thing you ate? an apple

13. Hair color? Natural? Probably a "dirty blonde/light brown" - it's an ugly color so I always highlight it.

14. What was your favorite toy as a child? probably my sandbox. I would spend HOURS out there, but I did love my cabbage patch kid, too.

15. What did you do last night? had a heart-to-heart talk w/ hubby - talked about "signs of the times" and job prospects.

16. What are you afraid of? anything involving killing or hurting people I love.

17. 3 things on your grocery list? laundry detergent, velcro, and pull-ups

18. Superpower? Ability to fly (especially with gas prices how they are)

19. Salty or sweet? both

20. Favorite day of the week? Sunday by far. Our day of rest.

21. Favorite hobby/latest obsession? digital scrapbooking, training for a 1/2 marathon, blogging

22. Some things on your "bucket list"? Going to New Zealand, doing a 1/2 Ironman, moving to a small town.

23. Something you see as a weakness? One of a million - I have finally come to accept the fact that I am not one of those moms that keeps on top of my housekeeping. I am more of a mom that lets it get bad and then does a major clean once or twice a week or before someone comes over. So - if you just "drop by" my house at a random time, 9 times out of 10, it will NOT be clean.

1 comment:

Shelf said...

It is great to see pics from your time on the fire line. I can't believe I have been involved in wildland fire for 10 years now.