Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Here's to 9 years!


Today (as of 7:40am - I know, yikes!) Jason & I will have been married for 9 wonderful years.

Last night, as we were eating ice cream after FHE, we watched our wedding video with the girls. McKinley got a real kick out of it and was having a hard time guessing who everyone was in the pictures because we all looked so young. My baby sister Trisha was in the video on our wedding day - only 11 years old. Now she's been married for a year! My NIECE is now 11! Yes, now that makes me feel a bit old.

So much has happened in 9 years - getting our undergrads from the U, moving to Park City, working, having our first baby, changing jobs, moving to the Salt Lake Valley, adding another beautiful baby to the brood, going back to school, looking forward to this new baby...
and it will never end!
I would say our love hasn't changed, either, but that's not true. I watched that video with our true innocent, excited newlywed bliss and remembered back. It WAS exciting. And it was sometimes difficult, too. I think it was a lot of immaturity and maybe some hormones from birth control, but I think there were a lot of tears those first couple years. Once we moved to Park City, we got into the stage where we were just both working and living and being comfortable with each other. Now we're in the more chaotic stage of trying to raise little children. The hardest part is spending QUALITY 1-on-1 time together - time to talk, time to dream, time to love. Our love and our relationship has grown and deepened. I love to just watch him sometimes -watch him talk about things he loves & is excited about (even if I don't get them at all), watch him play with our children, watch him honor his priesthood.
Jason is so good at trying to make me feel loved. I'm not always so good at accepting it -especially lately. I am so thankful for him in my life. We were very close to not getting married, but every day I grateful that we ended up together - he is such a great husband and dad. I look forward to the years and changes ahead.

I love you sweetheart. I thank my Heavenly Father for you EVERY day. Thanks for putting up with me - especially these past few sick, grouchy months.

Te Amo MUCHISISIMO!
P.S. If you haven't heard the song that's playing, LISTEN! It's a new favorite & perfect for today. Love you babe!

4 comments:

Patricia Potts said...

Simply Beautiful Heidi. From the pictures to the prose to the music. Love, mom/sis

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

What a beautiful bride and couple you are! Congrats on your anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Amy and Kris said...

What a cute post! I found myself getting all teary-eyed as I looked back on my own marriage! I just watched my wedding video with a bunch of girlfriends last night & it makes you so thankful for your spouse! Congrats on 9 years!

Get Hooked said...

Happy Anniversary! I wish I'd known when I saw you yesterday. I'd have sung you the song!