Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thoughts on Gender

This was going to be titled "thoughts on sex"... but I thought it might attract the wrong attention :)
I have found it humorous & interesting that most people have voted for "girl" on my poll. It makes me wonder why? In fact I know one of the votes for "boy" was my sister, so... that leaves the rest of you.
I have been asked & I will be completely honest... I would love a baby boy! HOWEVER, I am PRETTY sure that God doesn't just draw genders out of a hat randomly - girl, girl, girl - boy, girl, boy - boy, boy, boy...

The proclamation on the family states: "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose."
I know that He has a plan for our family and that includes not just where we live, where we work, how many people are in our family, but the genders of the members of our family as well. Maybe I wouldn't be able to handle a boy? That is very possible! Maybe it would be too much financially at this point to buy boy stuff since we are all set in the girl dept. I don't know?

I have an absolute testimony as to the joys of sisterhood and I will be so excited if my girls have another sister to share that with as well.
I will admit that I am completely excited & anxious to find out !I'm really not sure I could ever be one of those people to wait. We scheduled our ultrasound for tomorrow, so let's all hope this baby cooperates!

5 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I can't wait to find out what you are having! When we first got pregnant with Maren, we both were SURE she was a boy. There are so many Hoffman boys, that we thought we'd follow trend. Then, when we got pregnant with Kate, we were really hoping for a boy again! But I'm so glad I have my two sweet girls, and I know you will love your baby no matter what! Please post as soon as you know! :)

Patricia Potts said...

I can't wait!

lindsay said...

Exciting Heidi! Can't wait to hear the news! Boy or girl, you are going to have an amazing journey!

Get Hooked said...

I really don't have an opinion on if it is a girl or boy. But I have heard a statistic that if your first two are the same sex then there is a higher chance for having the same for the third. I wish I could tell you what the chances were or where I even heard that, but it's just one of the many half random things I've learned.

Thanks for pointing out that part in the proclamation. I'd never thought of it that way, but that is exactly what it means. I'm excited to find out what you are having.

Marianne said...

Ahhh - I'm so excited for you! Let Jason know that as far as weddings and all being expensive for girls, years and years of accumating legos for boys probably evens out the playing field. Seriously!
Your family life looks exciting. Congrats to Jason on the masters and congrats on expecting another girl! Now that I have one - I really don't know how we could just be done and leave her without a sister!
We do need to get together. I'll have to try emailing a plan soon....