Saturday, February 20, 2010

Girls Camp-In

Daddy went to a Klondike scout camp last night (seriously, how does camping in the freezing cold snow sound like fun?)
So... since he was having a camp-out, we decided to have a camp-in! We started with building our "tent." Then we had a blanket picnic eating corn dogs. By that time it was dark, so we really got to use our lantern. We painted nails (which really isn't so camp-ish, but what girls night is complete without painting nails? ), we went on a (stuffed) animal watching safari, we read some books, sang some songs in our tent, and had some s'mores and ice cream. Then we watched Charlotte's Web. What a fun night! McKinley got to have a sleep-over with mom, too, since dad wasn't there to cuddle with.
Yay! All the fun without the cold! Here's some pics...









3 comments:

Lena Baron said...

Priceless! Such a great Mama!!!

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness, I wish I could have been there. That all sounds like SO much fun! You're such a wonderful, creative mom, Heid! It made me a bit sad though that I can't have a "girls night" with my little boy :(. Maybe we'll call it a "Fun Night" instead but it sure is sad that there wont be nail painting as a part of it!

Get Hooked said...

How fun, you are always so full of fun ideas. I hope I have as much energy after I have this baby.

P.S. I'm running a half marathon in September, so I may need a running partner, if you are up for it. (I'll need to get motivated.)