Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We Seek After These Things...


I just finished the 5th book in the Song of Acadia series of books by Janette Oke. I read them about 4 years ago & I really never re-read a book, but I remember how I loved them the first time around & it didn't disappoint. I cried, I laughed, I felt the spirit intensely. These books are Christian novels set in Revolutionary War times. If you are in need of a great read, I highly recommend them.
Another book I have recommended to a few people lately is Return from Tomorrow by George Ritchie. This is an incredible TRUE story about a man's journey after he died. It is a short book and will definitely put your life in perspective.
I have been thinking a lot about how many GOOD things there are in this world. About 8 years ago, I remember walking into a Deseret Book, looking around, and it truly hit me that I could spend my ENTIRE life reading GOOD THINGS. Why do I take so much of my time reading/watching/listening to things that are meaningless - or even harmful to my spirituality - when there are SO MANY things that will uplift, inspire, and bring me closer to my Savior? And not just LDS media - the 2 authors above are not LDS, but they have so much insight and have a way of making me tangibly feel my Savior's love.
So - here's my commitment - to seek better, more uplifting things that will make me happier and a better person! If you have suggestions, pass them along!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I assume you've read "The Power of Positive Thinking" but if you haven't, DO! I LOVED it. Course it's one of the most famous books so you prob already have.