Saturday, January 30, 2010

Once Upon a Time...

...there lived a little girl who loved to ski. Her journal pages had skiers at the bottom of every page, her favorite Christmas was the one where she received a new pair of skis and boots, and she eagerly anticipated the days that her family would pile in their van with all their snow gear and hit the slopes for the day. That little girl soon grew up, got married to a wonderful man, and had three little girls of her own. She still loved to ski (or snowboard), but the lack of time and funds prevented her from doing so... until one day her fairy godmother (ok - her mom & dad) surprised her with ski tickets for her and her sweetheart! Not only that, but she offered to watch her 3 daughters for the entire day as well. What a dream come true!

So - here's some pics & vid from our day at Brighton yesterday. Jason skied and I snowboarded. It SERIOUSLY has been about 7 years since I last was up on the slopes. Criminal, I know - especially since we lived in Park City for 3 years. It was SO much fun! What a perfect day to be up there - out of the smog - out of the daily grind. It was beautiful. There's something about the quietness of the ski lift, the sparkling snow, the clear, crisp air, and the thrill of the wind in your face that makes you want to yell "WAHOOOO!" - and I couldn't restrain myself from doing so a couple times :) We really never had to wait for a lift, but we did get to meet some people out of state & we even saw an adorable white ferret scurry across the snow. It was so cute.

I remember my dad when I was younger saying at the end of the day how his legs were getting tired and sore. I remember thinking "What an old guy. I have NO idea what you're talking about. I can't comprehend it - I could go all day!" Yesterday, I not only understood what he was talking about, but I LIVED it. I am majorly sore. But it was so majorly worth it! Thanks again mom & dad for the tickets, for watching the girls (my dad even took McKinley to see The Princess & the Frog), and for just being you. We love you!



Here's the video. We debated about unveiling it until we had sent it to the appropriate ski companies to be sponsored, but, well, we decided to let you guys see it first. Don't you feel so privileged? ;)

5 comments:

Tiff Meister said...

Oh Heidi... the video was so much fun to watch. I loved it when Jason was taping you and you disappeared and he said "hope she didn't hit a tree, he, he, he..." Classic! Looks like you had fun but are paying for it this morning. Way to live life to the fullest! Love ya! Tiff

Lena Baron said...

Oh I'm so glad you were able to get away and play for a while. Awesome!!! Such precious parents!!!

Patricia Potts said...

First of all I want to thank you for letting us view this precious footage first.
Second I want to thank you for honoring us in such a creative, loving way
Third I thank you for letting us feel like we were there with you by watching the pictures and video
Fourth, we loved the time we got to spend with the girls and enjoying Kezia's smile
Fiftth I want to thank Heavenly Father for coming up with the idea in the first place!
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!
Love,
mom and dad

Anonymous said...

You are a good snowboarder. I have to stick to skiing, but that sounds like it was a blast! Love ya

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Looks like so much fun!! You guys are great to even try it!! I'm too much of a baby.