High School Tag!
Ohh, high school. Sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago. Sometimes it seems like yesterday. I still will have strange dreams about old boyfriends or cheerleading dramas. So, here's my answers to Alison's tag. Let's see if I can remember 11 years back...
1. Did you date someone from your school? Hmmm - let's see...Mike Warner my Sophomore year, Tyler Jolley my junior year, Tim Sorenson and Wade McEntire my Senior year.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I first drove an old yellow VW Rabbit. Thank GOODNESS that thing got wrecked (not by me) and I got an old tan Toyota Camry to drive.
3. What was the most embarrasing moment of high school? At a basketball halftime, I was supposed to do a backhandspring - back tuck. The tuck was way short and I basically landed on my face on the basketball floor. My pride was hurt more than my face, but both were bad.
4. Were you a party animal? Not really.
5. Were you considered a flirt? I was a HORRIBLE flirt. For some reason guys intrigued me from the time I was like 12. It got me into a lot of trouble.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in women's choir my sophomore year
7. Were you a nerd? No!
8. Were you on any varsity teams? I was a varsity cheerleader - so YES - that counts. I also was on the diving team my freshman year and did some track & field my senior year.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Yes - it would be pretty sad for a former cheerleader to forget the fight song - Fight, fight, fight for black, blue and white. Win that victory...
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Wallentine (History), Kay Davis (line dancing), Kathy Stevens (Life prep), and I enjoyed all my English teachers for the most part.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? I sat on the third table in on the south side of the lunchroom with my group of friends.
13. What was your school's full name? West Jordan High School
14. School mascot? Jaguars!
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Junior Year - Jared Jones. Senior Year - Wade McEntire
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I don't think so. Too much drama. I mean, there's plenty of things I would change, but I learned from them, too. I did love my high school years - lots of friends, fun, and freedom.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? It was the day of a Jazz playoff game. Lots of people had radios in the audience. My family actually left to go home and watch the game while I was left at SLCC by MYSELF. I had to get a ride home from my ex-boyfriend! It was not a happy day.
18. Where did you go senior skip day? I remember a sleepover at Lena's house & then breakfast at Denny's where there was a cute waiter.
19. Were you in any clubs? DECA
20. Have you gained some weight since then? Actually, I weigh probably 13 lbs less than I did in high school. I had major weight issues back then. I would go on really restrictive diets and then binge and it really messed up my motabolism. I don't think my motabolism recovered until my 2nd year in college when I started to run and eat right.
21. Who was your prom date? Sophomore - Mike Warner, Junior - Tim Sorenson, Senior - Chris Holtan. I also went to the Hillcrest and Copper Hills proms.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Yes - I already went. I almost didn't though. Ireland was 6 weeks old and I didn't look quite the way I wanted, but I went and was glad I did. It was fun to see old friends.
23. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? To not kiss so many boys. To WEAR SUNSCREEN. Probably most of all - to not worry so much about what other people think.
I don't usually tag, but no one responds unless I do, so I'm tagging Melissa, Tiffany, Tara, Heidi, and Mindy!